Saturday, September 08, 2012

Progress and a little shopping

This is my progress on "Marigold Lane". Not too much but I sure am enjoying every minute of it. This picture got a little shadowy.
My friend was here Wednesday night and we discussed me going to work for her business. I would love to. I like my job and the people I work with but the new job would pay better, be a lesser commute, and more freedom. I submitted my resume to the partners and hope to interview this week.
I also did a wee bit of shopping and all of it came in the mailbox Tuesday. I am just now getting to all of it. I tried to do a picture but the camera was acting funny. Here is the list:
With Thy Needle and Thread-Hilda's Alphabet Brew
Pineberry Lane-Tansy-Yarrow-Rue
JCS Sept-Oct 2012
LHN- Around the World in 80 Days, Hot Cocoa, Patriot Inn, and It's Snow Cold
Waxing Moon- Midnight Manor
Goode Huswife-Little Red R Sampler
L*K-1st three Snow Belles, Part 3 of the Mystery Sampler, Santa 2012, and Tiny Tidings 17.......That should keep me busy for awhile.
But today I am going to the Quilted Crow and taking a stenciling class. We are stenciling a scene on muslin using freezer paper as the stencils. Should be fun. Hopefully I will have a nice picture to show you tomorrow. While I am there I will do a bit of shopping for my Halloween/Autumn exchange partner. I haven't been in an exchange in years and couldn't resist signing up for this.
Off to get ready for my day. I hope you find time to stitch today......Nancy

3 comments:

Catherine said...

All of your new goodies sound wonderful!! And the stencil class sounds fun~ looking forward to seeing what you make!
Best of luck to you with the possibility of your new job!

riona said...

I had never heard of Pineberry Lane till I read your last post ... but I will definitely have to investigate this new-to-me designer. I think your current project, Marigold Lane, is shaping up to be a charming stitch and I look forward to watching it develop. And the title Tansy-Yarrow-Rue of the other design you purchased has captured my imagination. I used to volunteer as a docent at an early 17th century Dutch home preserved by the local historical society. Those plants were staples of the herb garden and used in various medicine, dye and pest control "receipts". As soon as I am through with this comment, I'll be searching the web to browse this designer's charts.

purplesunset24 said...

Wonderful progress...